My name is Mary Battaglia - Mary "B" for short - and I have been a full-time Austin real estate agent for 25+ years. My real estate services include buyer and seller representation, corporate relocation, investment assistance, foreclosures, short sales & estates.
Mary "B" was born in Houston, Texas. Two older brothers gave her a zest for the outdoors and a love of sports at an early age. Today she enjoys family activities, snow skiing, fishing, and traveling. Additionally, collecting fine antiques has become a serious hobby over the last few years; focusing more on china along with American antiques and collectibles.
Family is an important part of Mary's life. Her Italian and Czech parents gave her an old-world appreciation of home and an active family unity. That was fortunate, because her husband is also involved in real estate. Their son Shawn graduated from the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University with a degree in Finance. Shawn is now a Financial Advisor and has his own practice here with the investment firm of Edward Jones. As you might imagine, Mary is a very proud and supportive Mom. A terribly spoiled Shih Tzu named Shadow rounds out the family.
Mary started her real estate career in Houston during 1976 and she continued in real estate after she moved to Austin in 1979. From the time she began in Austin real estate she has been a full time agent. Mary specializes in residential real estate, and is an accredited Corporate Relocation Specialist as well as being USAA Certified. She credits her success to a professional reputation among her peers, consistent communication during the sales process, and aggressive client representation.
Mary is an active supporter of her profession and her community. At the Austin Board of Realtors, she has served for several years on the Professional Standards Committee and is now serving statewide as a member of the Texas Association of Realtor's Professional Standards Committee.
As a member of the Austin Junior Forum, she is part of a volunteer effort supporting women, children, and the elderly in the Austin area. Mary is also active with the Northwest Circle of Friends, who raise money for the Dell Children's Hospital here in Austin. In addition to raising funds for the American Cancer Society, Mary is active with The Missy Project. The Missy Project is an organization dedicated to raising awareness of brain aneurysm disease and generating funds for research and individual screenings.
Real Estate Awards and Achievements:
- Austin Board of Realtors' Agent of the Year [OMG!!]
- Austin Area Platinum Top 50 agent - 2011 to 2015
- Top Overall Agent - 183NW Office; Multiple Years including 2013
- Top Listing Agent - 183NW Office; Multiple Years including 2015
- International Presidents Circle; Multiple Years including 2014
- Multi-Million Dollar Producer (1979-2016)
- Consistently Ranked Among the Top Agents in One of Austin's Largest Real Estate Firms
Real Estate Experience:
- 25+ years in residential real estate
- 20+ years as a Relocation Specialist
- 5 years as a real estate training instructor
- 19 years marketing corporate-owned homes
- Consultant to the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University since 1998
Memberships and Designations:
- Member of the Texas Association of Realtors Professional Standards Committee.
- Certified Residential Specialist (C.R.S.) - A designation held by less than 4% of agents Nationwide.
- Member of "The Dozen" - A National Real Estate Sales award for exceptional performance.
- Member of the Realtors National Marketing Institute
- Graduate of the Real Estate Institute (G.R.I.)
- Cartus Certified Relocation Specialist
- USAA Certified Relocation Specialist
- Senior Marketing Specialist for Corporate Properties
- Certified Negotiation Specialist
- Certified e-Marketing Specialist
- A Supporter for The Missy Project (for brain aneurysm awareness)
- Committee Chair for The Austin Junior Forum (supporting women, children and the elderly)
- Member Northwest Circle of Friends (supporting the Dell Children's Medical Center)
- Participant and fund raiser with the American Cancer Society Relay for Life
"People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care..."